Darrell N. Markijohn
Darrell Markijohn focuses his practice on employment and work related injury litigation. With 30 years of experience as a trial attorney, Darrell handles cases throughout Ohio in state and federal courts, the Ohio Industrial Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Federal Department of Labor.
Darrell’s cases include age, disability, and gender discrimination claims, ADA and FMLA claims, wage and hour claims, whistle-blower claims, wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation and civil rights claims.
Darrell also provides guidance to employers facing the myriad of issues arising from work place injuries, including workers’ compensation claims, OSHA, Industrial Commission Safety Rule Violations (VSSR), and related tort claims. He has particular experience in defending school boards and educational institutions.
In addition, Darrell offers experienced advice regarding non-compete agreements and the creation and enforcement of contractual agreements. He is always available for counsel with his clients to help prevent or lessen the risk of employment related claims before they happen.
Darrell is a frequent speaker on topics pertaining to all of these areas of law.
Darrell resides in Zoar, Ohio with his wife Hillary, daughter Katharine, son Christopher, and step daughters Audrey and Devin.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1985
• Alternative Dispute Law Review Journal – Financial Editor
Walsh University – B.S., 1982
• Ohio (1985)
• Northern Ohio U.S. District Court
• Southern Ohio U.S. District Court
• Supreme Court of Ohio, 5th Appellate District
• Faith Egli v. Congress Lake Club, et al.
Professional & Civic Activities
• Stark County Bar Association
Labor and Workers’ Compensation Committee
• Ohio Bar Association
Labor and Employment Section
Workers’ Compensation Section
• Court House Players
• President of the Hoover High School Tennis Booster Club
• Zoar Community Association, Trustee
• Zoar Preservation Committee, Trustee
• United States Volunteers, Federal Civil War Reenactment Organization Brigadier General
Articles & Presentations
• “Ohio Case Law Update in Employment Law” Stark County Bar Association, 2015
• “Review of Federal Statutory Employment Laws” Labor and Employment Committee, Stark County Bar Association Seminar, Fall, 2013.