Mark F. Fischer
A founding partner of Fischer, Evans & Robbins, Ltd., Mark began his legal career in 1988 in Orlando, Florida. After returning to his home state of Ohio in 1991, he became a partner at two Canton area law firms. Mark’s law practice areas are litigation; insurance defense; insurance coverage; commercial vehicle defense; products liability defense; political subdivisions; premises liability; construction litigation; and appellate work.
Mark received his B.B.A. in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame in 1983 and his J.D. from The Ohio State University in 1988.
Mark was a scholarship football player for the University of Notre Dame where he was a two-year starter. Following his collegiate career, Mark played professional football in the United States Football League with the Chicago Blitz and the Orlando Renegades.
Mark resides in Massillon, Ohio with his wife Allison and their two daughters, Maria and Anna.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1988
University of Notre Dame – B.B.A., 1983
• Florida (1988)
• Ohio (1991)
• Pennsylvania (2009)
• West Virginia (2011)
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
• U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Case and Practice Notables
Beck vs. Berus- obtained trial verdict in favor of defendant in a catastrophic automobile accident in which plaintiff was a quadriplegic.
Wirt vs. Gossage- received Golden Gavel Award from Westfield Insurance for successful trial verdict in wrongful death action arising out of an automobile accident.
Cook vs. The Sportsman’s Den- obtained trial verdict in favor of defendant in bodily injury shooting accident in which plaintiff lost several fingers.
Professional & Civic Activities
• Stark County Bar Association
• Ohio Bar Association
• Council on Litigation Management
• Defense Research Institute
• Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
• Columbus Claims Association
• Canton Central Catholic Booster Club President